Hearing on Pedestrian Safety in District 6
Thanks everyone for speaking up and emailing the supervisors!
The hearing was packed with over 100 people, many of whom gave very moving testimony about the dangers they face every day from cars on Tenderloin and SOMA streets.
If you missed the hearing you can catch up:
- Metropolitan Transportation Agency (SFMTA) presentation
- Department of Public Health (DPH) presentation
- Watch the hearing (4/7/11 video)
Supervisor Jane Kim has called a hearing on pedestrian safety in District 6, in Board Chambers before the Public Safety Committee, April 7 at 10:30am.
District 6 includes the Tenderloin and SOMA, two of the city’s most dangerous neighborhoods for pedestrians (see graph at right).
Do you have a story about the perils of walking in SOMA or the Tenderloin? Speak up!
- Come to the hearing if you can. There should be time for public comment at the beginning of the hearing (and the end).
- Or send an email to Supervisors Mirkarimi, Cohen, and Campos. Please CC Supervisor Kim and Walk SF.