Walk & Roll Week Art Contest
Create a Piece Celebrating Walking and Rolling… and Win a Custom Backpack!
Entries due by 11:59PM November 16, 2020
The San Francisco Safe Routes to School Partnership is holding an art contest for all SFUSD students K-12 to help celebrate Walk & Roll Week. Students can enter their artwork via email to be considered for one of 4 custom Timbuk2 backpacks with reflective striping. One grand prize winner’s art will be featured in Walk & Roll to School Day 2021 promotions!
Create a piece of visual art that celebrates walking and rolling around San Francisco — scooters, skates, bikes, skateboards, wheelchairs, and other active ways of getting around are all included.
- All SFUSD students, K – 12
- High School 1st Place: Reflective Timbuk2 Bag
- Middle School 1st Place: Reflective Timbuk2 Bag
- Elementary School 1st Place: Reflective Timbuk2 Bag
- One Grand Prize winner will win a Timbuk2 Bag and have their work displayed as part of next year’s Walk & Roll to School Day promotion! (All ages eligible)
Submission Requirements for Consideration in Contest
- Artwork should be 8.5” x 11”, landscape or portrait orientation
- All mediums welcome: drawing, painting, mixed media, digital, etc.
- Submit a high-quality photograph or scanned copy of your art in .JPG, or .PNG format to SRTSContest@sfmta.com
- Include your name, school, and grade level
- All entries due by 11:59PM November 16, 2020
- Creativity and originality
- Clarity of artwork’s message for promoting people-powered transportation
- Representation of diversity and inclusivity
If chosen as a winner, Safe Routes to School and Walk SF must be able to contact you and collect original artwork. Art becomes property of San Francisco Safe Routes to School and Walk SF.
This project was made possible in part by Proposition K sales tax dollars provided by the San Francisco County Transportation Authority.