Walk or run in support of a car-free JFK Drive on Saturday, November 13!
Do you love to walk or run on car-free JFK Drive in Golden Gate Park?
Do you want the city to make this space for people permanent?
Then come and show your support at a free, family-friendly, all abilities fun run / walk on Saturday, November 13 at 8:00AM!
The Board of Supervisors will vote in February on whether to return traffic to JFK Drive. Now’s when we need to show broad support for keeping it car-free.
Here’s the scoop for the fun run / walk
7:45 AM: Meet in Golden Gate Park at Peacock Meadow next to car-free JFK Drive
- Enjoy complimentary coffee, snacks, and water (while supplies last).
- Sign a postcard to your Supervisor in support of a 100% car-free JFK Drive from Kezar to Transverse.
8:15 AM: Speakers
- Hear brief remarks about the car-free JFK campaign
8:30 AM: Hit the Road Together!
- Gather at the starting line (JFK Drive & Conservatory Road East). We’ll take pictures to send to elected officials of all the supporters!
- Kids, people with strollers, and people with mobility devices will kick us off.
- You can turn around at 8th Avenue (total distance: 1 mile roundtrip) or Transverse Drive (total distance: 2.8 miles roundtrip). You can also split off anytime or continue on your own on Golden Gate Park’s Slow Streets.
NOTE: This is a free, unsupported run / walk. Your participation is at your own risk. All participants (except minors) are asked to RSVP, which includes signing a waiver.
Questions? Contact Marta at email@example.com.
#Run4CarFreeJFK #Walk4CarFreeJFK #CarFreeJFK