Walk to Work on Friday, April 12
Be a part of the nation’s first official Walk to Work Day!
Join the celebration: It takes walking just 15 minutes of your commute to be counted! Walk and share your photos and experiences using the #Walk2Work hashtag on Twitter and Instagram.
- Get fit: A half-hour walk a day, reduces health risks, improves your mood — and lengthens your life, too!
- Go green: By choosing to walk for short trips instead of driving, you can help reduce San Francisco’s carbon emissions by 800,000 pounds a year.
- Bring friends: Download a FREE employer toolkit of resources (Poster, Benefits, Pedestrian Rights and the Law, New Balance discount and more!) to build the movement for a more walkable, livable city.
How to participate on Friday, April 12:
1. Head to a Hub: Stop by one of Walk SF’s official Walk to Work Day Hubs to get your sticker, enter to win prizes, and fuel up with coffee, treats and a FREE Clipper card pre-loaded with a ride home.
Just say “I’m walking to work today” or show your sticker to enjoy these special offers, valid that day only 7:30 to 10 a.m. (while supplies last) at the following hubs:
- Paramount Group, Inc.: Free Clif Bars and Starbucks coffee, corner of Market Street and Spear
- Ritual Coffee Roasters: Free coffee for first 150 participants, Octavia Street at Hayes
- Réveille Coffee Co.: Free coffee for first 50 participants, Columbus Avenue at Kearny
- Peet’s Coffee and Tea: $1 off coupons, Market at Second Street
- Philz Coffee: 10% off all coffee drinks, 24th Street at Folsom
Find more businesses offering treats and discounts like 10% off Sports Basement at Bryant and for New Balance at Shoes-n-Feet on Walk to Work Day on this map.
Plus, while you’re walking, treat yourself to the quintessential Walk to Work Day, Spotify playlist.
2. Walk and share! Share your photos and experiences on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the #Walk2Work hashtag. This enters you for more prizes! Be sure to like or follow Walk SF on Facebook and Twitter so we can let you know you’ve won.
3. Celebrate: Afterward, stop by the Walk to Work Day happy hour and get another chance to win prizes in drawings and the contests for “Longest Walking Commute,” “Most Interesting Sight,” “Best Shoe Bling,” and “Most Employees Participating.” To compete, share your entries on Twitter, Instagram with the #walk2work hashtag, or post on Walk SF’s Facebook page.
- Walk to Work Day Happy Hour:
Friday April 12, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Market Street at Taylor
Oh yes, you’ll have earned your beer.
Join Mayor Ed Lee and nine Supervisors who will be participating in Walk to Work Day, making all or part of the morning commute on foot from hubs throughout the city. Find your local neighborhood event, then meet up with your District Supervisor to enjoy coffee and walk together. Find all participating hubs on this map.
- D1 Supervisor Eric Mar: Cinderella Bakery, Balboa Street, 7:45 a.m.
- D2 Supervisor Mark Farrell: Peet’s Coffee, 2197 Fillmore at California, 8:00 a.m.
- D3 Supervisor David Chiu: Réveille, 200 Columbus Ave at Kearny, 8:30 a.m.
- D4 Supervisor Katy Tang will join Sup. Breed at Ritual, Octavia at Hayes, 8:45 a.m.
- D5 Supervisor London Breed: Ritual Coffee, 432B Octavia Street at Hayes, 8:45 a.m.
- D8 Supervisor Scott Wiener: Peet’s Coffee, 2257 Market at Castro, 9:00 a.m.
- D9 Supervisor David Campos: Philz Coffee, 24th Street at Folsom, 8:30 a.m.
- D10 Supervisor Malia Cohen will join Sup. Breed at Ritual, Octavia at Hayes, 8:45 a.m.
- D11 Supervisor John Avalos: Mamá Art Cafe, 4754 Mission at Persia, 7:00 a.m.
Special thanks to our Presenting Sponsor The Paramount Group, Inc., the Supporting Sponsor New Balance and sponsors TMASF Connects, GJEL, Lennar and FunCheapSF.