San Francisco is the nation’s first city to officially launch Walk to Work Day!
Join the celebration: Walk and share your photos and experiences using the #Walk2Work hash tag. Plus, walking just 15 minutes of your commute counts!
Sign up now (right) for updates, contests, tips, special offers on New Balance shoes and more.
- Get fit: A half-hour walk a day, reduces health risks, improves your mood — and lengthens your life, too!
- Go green: By choosing to walk for short trips instead of driving, you can help reduce San Francisco’s carbon emissions by 800,000 pounds a year.
- Bring friends: Download a FREE employer toolkit of resources (Poster, Benefits, Pedestrian Rights and the Law, New Balance discount and more!) to build the movement for a more walkable, livable city.
Win prizes: If you see a Walk to Work Day MUNI bus ad like this one and tweet about it or post a photo with #Walk2Work, you could win a prize! Be sure to follow Walk SF on Facebook and Twitter so we can let you know you’ve won.
How to Participate on Friday, April 12:
1. Head to a Hub: Stop by one of Walk SF’s official Walk to Work Day Hubs to get your sticker, enter to win prizes, and fuel up with coffee, treats and a FREE Clipper card pre-loaded with a ride home.
Just say “I’m walking to work today” or show your sticker to enjoy these special offers, valid that day only 7:30 to 10 a.m. (while supplies last) at the following hubs:
- Paramount Group, Inc.: Free Clif Bars and Starbucks coffee, corner of Market Street and Spear
- Ritual Coffee Roasters: Free coffee for first 150 participants, Octavia Street at Hayes
- Réveille Coffee Co.: Free coffee for first 50 participants, Columbus Avenue at Kearny
- Peet’s Coffee and Tea: $1 off coupons, Market at Second Street
- Philz Coffee: 10% off all coffee drinks, 24th Street at Folsom
Find more businesses offering treats and discounts like Sports Basement on Walk to Work Day on this map.
Plus, while you’re walking, treat yourself to the quintessential Walk to Work Day, Spotify playlist.
Mayor Ed Lee and nine Supervisors will be participating in Walk to Work Day, making all or part of the morning commute on foot from hubs throughout the city.
Supervisors will also be meeting up at hubs throughout the city to walk in. Join your Supervisor to enjoy coffee and walk together:
- D1 Supervisor Eric Mar: Cinderella Bakery, Balboa Street at 6th Ave, 7:45 a.m.
- D2 Supervisor Mark Farrell: Peet’s Coffee, 2197 Fillmore at California, 8:00 a.m.
- D3 Supervisor David Chiu: Réveille, 200 Columbus Ave at Kearny, 8:30 a.m.
- D4 Supervisor Katy Tang will join Sup. Breed at Ritual, Octavia at Hayes, 8:45 a.m.
- D5 Supervisor London Breed: Ritual Coffee, 432B Octavia Street at Hayes, 8:45 a.m.
- D6 aide Sunny Angulo will be at the traffic light at Folsom and Russ, 8:45 a.m.
- D8 Supervisor Scott Wiener: Peet’s Coffee, 2257 Market at Castro, 9:00 a.m.
- D9 Supervisor David Campos: Philz Coffee, 24th Street at Folsom, 8:30 a.m.
- D10 Supervisor Malia Cohen will join Sup. Breed at Ritual, Octavia at Hayes, 8:45 a.m.
- D11 Supervisor John Avalos: Mamá Art Cafe, 4754 Mission at Persia, 7:00 a.m.
3. Celebrate: Afterward, celebrate at the happy hour and get another chance to win prizes in drawings and the contests for “Longest Walking Commute,” “Most Interesting Sight,” “Best Shoe Bling,” and “Most Company Employees Participating.” Oh yes, you’ll have earned your beer.
- Walk to Work Day Happy Hour:
Friday April 12, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Market Street at Taylor